Thursday, January 8, 2009


In the beginning...

... I thought and I thought of how to start my first blog post, but finally gave up.

I've had a camera in my hand or nearby for every significant moment in my life, as well as a lot of insignificant ones too. So over the years, I've come to see the world as if I'm looking through the lens of my camera.

But most of my favorite images are ones that have meaning beyond what you can see, which is how it should be I guess. Like the one of my son sitting at the bottom of the stairs. To the casual observer, it's just a picture of another cute kid, taken by another shutter-crazed mom. But to me...well...to me, it's my heart and soul contained in the body of my son, blowing kisses and telling me he loves me on a random Tuesday afternoon.

The image above came about during a photo "walkabout" of The Ohio State University campus. I was focusing on architecture, but couldn't resist a huge bank of daylilies in brilliant bloom. It's my favorite image that I shot that day. Funny how those kind of random moments end up working out so well!

Kathy

“I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment